North Shuswap Health Centre Society CONSTITUTION
The North Shuswap Health Centre Society was incorporated as a Registered Non-Profit Society with the Province of British Columbia on September 23, 2011. NORTH SHUSWAP HEALTH CENTRE SOCIETY Sept 23, 2011 File S-0058849 SOCIETY ACT CONSTITUTION as modified March 15, 2015
- The name of the Society is the North Shuswap Health Centre Society
- The purposes of the Society are to promote health of the public in the North Shuswap area, including Area F within the Columbia Shuswap Regional District:
- by assessing the health care needs in the North Shuswap and developing health services in the North Shuswap to meet those needs;
- by working with health professionals and government agencies to promote and facilitate delivery of health care programs and services available to the public in the North Shuswap;
- by recruiting health care practitioners to the North Shuswap and encouraging health care practitioners to deliver health care services to the public in the North Shuswap;
- by providing and equipping facilities in the North Shuswap to enable health care practitioners to provide health services to the public;
- by acquiring, holding, purchasing, converting, leasing, mortgaging, selling or disposing of any real or personal asset of the Society, and investing and re-investing any of the assets of the Society to support the purposes of the Society; and
- by accepting donations, grants, contributions and gifts, and applying such donations, grants, contributions and gifts in a manner consistent with the purposes of the Society;
- by operating a related business to support the purposes of the Society;
- by undertaking such activities as are incidental to the attainment of the above purposes of the Society
- The operations and affairs of the Society shall be conducted without purpose of financial gain for its members. Any profits or other accretions to the Society shall be exclusively used for advancing its purposes. This provision is unalterable.
- Should the Society be disbanded or dissolved, its assets remaining after payment of all debts and liabilities shall be paid over and transferred to North Shuswap community organizations having objectives similar to those of the Society as directed by resolution of the members. This provision is unalterable.
- Notwithstanding Article 4, if at any time the Society becomes registered as a charity pursuant to the provisions of the Income Tax Act of Canada, then should the Society be disbanded or dissolved at any later time, all of the Society’s remaining assets, after payment of liabilities, shall be distributed to such organization or organizations that are “qualified donees” as defined by the Income Tax Act of Canada and that are concerned with promoting the same or similar purposes of the Society, such organization or organizations to be designated by the directors of the Society at the time of the winding-up or dissolution of the Society, and if effect cannot be given to the aforesaid provisions, such assets shall be distributed to some other organization or organizations, provided however that any such other organization to which any such assets are to be distributed shall be, at the time of the distribution, a registered charity recognized as such under the provisions of the Income Tax Act from time to time in effect. This provision is unalterable.